Individual Trauma Therapy
Individual trauma focused therapy for adolescents and adults on NW 23rd and Johnson in Portland, Oregon.
I serve a diverse population of individuals who are motivated to learn more about themselves
Frustrated and impacted by past wounding and trauma? I understand how difficult that can be. You may find yourself moving through life without the ability to enjoy and be present. You may seek relief and distraction from pain, but find yourself suffering despite your best attempts to cope. In our society, we don’t talk about it very much, but what you are experiencing is normal. Reaching out to me and working together means you have a place to get help with your concerns.
I have a gentle, earnest, and grounded approach that is open-minded and curious. Together we can create a sanctuary away from it all. You are invited to bring whatever is present for you and arrive just as you are.
Some Specific Challenges That I Can Help with
Frustrated and impacted by past wounding and trauma, you may be feeling:
- worried by the choices you are making
- distracted and detached from people in your life
- shameful and guilty about experiences you've had
- triggered and overwhelmed by memories from the past
- annoyed and irritated that life doesn't seem to be changing for the better
- anxious and insecure about the direction you are headed
I am a student of life with a passion for growth. I look forward to collaborating with you towards greater self discovery and healing. I understand the powerful impact of relationship, and know that safety and acceptance have a gentle and profound impact for positive change.
“The curious part is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change”
- Carl Rogers
Committing to therapy through Arrival Counseling may help in many ways including:
- Feel empowered to choose different ways of feeling, acting, and responding
- Experience the healing of your nervous system
- Develop greater self-compassion and practices of self-care
- Become more connected to the felt-sense of experience
- Experience a greater ability to self regulate and self-soothe
- Uncovering options for a more joyful way of living
- Feel more complete, functional, and connected
- Befriend our whole selves
Take The Next Step, Reach Out For Your Free Consultation
If you feel like you may ready to begin a therapeutic relationship, please reach out to me for your free 15-minute consultation at 503-386-1455 or send an inquiry to [email protected] today. I'm here for you.